I recognized a couple names from recent DN Journal sales reports as having been shopped in domain broker newsletters, so I took a look back to see what they were originally listed for.
- Listed in their January 21 newsletter with an asking price of $250,000
- Current owner listed as ‘Haisen Ding’ of New York. Estate.com is currently parked.
- Sold in November 2012 for $30,000 by broker UpMarketDNS
- The name also traded hands in October 2012 at $20,000, and was listed as a private sale.
- As a sidenote to the late November sale, DN Journal stated, “Some of you might be saying – wait a minute – didn’t I see iTrust.com on the chart just three weeks ago? Yes, you did. The name was picked up for $20,000 at Sedo earlier this month then quickly flipped for a very nice profit this week through UpMarketDNs. “
- Based on the two transactions in a short period of time, it’s tough to know exactly how everything was sequenced, but here are some asking prices from broker newsletters:
– Asking price of $40,000 in UpMarketDNS’ October 22, 2012 newsletter
– Asking price of $28,000 in Toby Clements’ October 4, 2012 newsletter
– Asking price of $30,000 in Toby Clements’ October 1, 2012 newsletter
– Asking price of $50,000 in Toby Clements’ March 5, 2012 newsletter
- The name also sold for $13,100 in June 2009 at NameJet, per NameBio.
- The current owner is Bill King of New York, per Whois. We’ve mentioned him previously as the buyer of ChinaTrip.com, ChinaGuide.com, and MadeInFrance.com – each for 5 figures. iTrust.com is currently parked.
- Asking Price vs Sales Price: Season.com, Bosnia.com, Leo.com, IQN.com
- Asking Price vs Actual Sales Price: A Couple Recent Domain Examples
- Asking Price vs Sales Price: YG.com, DiamondDistrict.com
- Asking Price vs Sales Price: BJ.com, Arctic.com, BuyCarInsurance.com
- Asking Price vs Sales Price: Saws.com Sold at TRAFFIC
- Aaron on Flippa recap: XIH.com, VJZ.com, OZAR.com, SEO.ws, Kryptonite.net, more
- Alan on Flippa recap: XIH.com, VJZ.com, OZAR.com, SEO.ws, Kryptonite.net, more
- Rebecca on End User Sales: StartMail.com, to StartPage.com – “the world’s most private search engine”
- Stacey Smathers on ‘Groupon Getaways with Expedia’ Announced. Domain TBD, but GrouponGetaways.com Used by a 3rd Party
- Maksim on Domain Flips (FixAmerica.com, NTNM.com) and Flops (Vaccinate.com)
- Flippa recap: XIH.com, VJZ.com, OZAR.com, SEO.ws, Kryptonite.net, more
- Domain Flips and Flops: $100k on Fotograf.de, 10x on Purchased.com, 2x on Domains.in, more
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: Interest.me, Coterie.com, ParkingGames.com, More
- Flippa Recap: Similar.net, HRT.org, CWD.net, a $100k website sale, more
- Domain Flips (FixAmerica.com, NTNM.com) and Flops (Vaccinate.com)
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: AhHa.com, Resultados.com, Apps.net, Mara.com, More
- Recent High Dollar Price Quotes on DomainNameSales.com – 5/6/13
- Flippa Recap: HRT.org, URLShortener.com, Speculates.com, Z2.org, two $200k+ website sales
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: Leo.com, Duma.com, Drill.com, GameTruck.com, More
- Recent High Dollar Price Quotes on DomainNameSales.com – 4/29/13
- Flippa Recap: JE.de, Q.af, ReLike.com, a $60k website, more
- Domain Flips and Flops: 2.5x on Tempt.com in a few months, 21x on Opinator.com, more
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: Seri.com, Indi.com, Hot.net, GameGlobe.com, More
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: Jackpot.com, Movies.xxx, Hike.in, Newburyport.com, More
- Flippa Recap: Templates.net, EastLondon.com, Ear.org sells for more the 2nd time around