Listed below are updates to the top ten domain sales from a year ago this week, as ranked by DN Journal.
1. ICN.com for $60,000
- “ICN.com is a leading gateway dedicated to covering all aspects for traders in the Foreign Exchange Market (FOREX) and the developments across the global economy and major corporations.” Ownership under privacy protection. The site previously resided on the seemingly unrelated ecPulse.com. Decent traffic (Alexa just under 50,000) for a site which targets high paying keywords — FOREX has a CPC in the $10 range.
- The domain is listed for sale at Buy Domains, with a price of $70,000.
- Acquired by “360 Local LLC”. Just a placeholder is live, with a tagline “Full Circle Local Search Marketing”. Sadly, they own the related 360Local.com, and it goes to a GoDaddy parked page.
- I’ve blurted out a loud “WTF!” twice for this domain. First, when I was taken aback by the sales price that seller Mike Berkens was able to negotiate. Second, when I checked the status of the site this week……they paid $42k and it’s still a parked page with a link to Mike’s Most Wanted Domains site.
- When I first looked at the Whois earlier this week, it was still listed as “Sedo Escrow”. Both Mike and Sedo broker Dave Evanson were kind enough to confirm that the sale did in fact occur, but the buyer simply hadn’t updated the contact details. That has since changed….it’s now under privacy protection. Baby steps, baby steps………
4. Ma.de for $25,000
- A hack: “ma.de is a self service website that allows you to create apps for mobile devices in minutes. ma.de helps creators monetize their content on mobile devices. Start selling your content in the App Store and generating income today!“
- Made.com is developed….they make high end designer furniture.
- Ma.com is the home of Morris Adjmi Architects.
- Parked, owned by an individual in Belgium, and available for sale for the bargain basement price of 300,000 Euros (roughly $400k USD). The owner seems to like his gold….per SpyOnWeb, the same Adsense account is used on names such 4gold.com, 8gold.com, goldbids.com, goldimport.com, chinesegold.com, and more.
- Gold.com is a minisite, and appears to be owned by Sterling Jewelers, who also owns Jewels.com (but it doesn’t resolve).
6. HYJ.com for $20,000
- HYJ.com is the home of a Chinese men’s clothier. Another example of truncation (Owen’s fancy word): they previously resided on haiyijia.com, which doesn’t exactly roll off the tongue in English or Chinese (I assume).
7. Kritiken.de for $19,350
- “Kritiken” translates into English as “criticism”, and the thrilling one page site tells you what criticism means.
- BuyDomains has the .com for sale for the charm price of $11,888.
- The domain tells you what you’ll find at the site. Owned by “Mortgages Made Easy Ltd” of the UK. Alexa rank near 12 million.
- The hypenated .com is also developed and has a slightly better Alexa rank. The non-hyphenated MortgageCalculator.com is also developed, with an Alexa rank near 1.5 million.
9. Astora.com for $16,000
- Acquired by Fortune 100 BASF, Astora.com is an upgrade from Astora.de. “As one of Europe’s largest gas storage operators we focus on a secure supply of natural gas for our customers.”
10. Dotank.com for $14,835
- No site resolves, owned by an individual in New York.
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: Gay.xxx, Inventing.com, CriminalLawyer.com, Watch.me, More
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: 11.com, MarketingLand.com, Cocomo.com, SherSingh.com, More
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: Honest.com, Flora.com, PHD.com, AVM.com, More
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: Favorites.com, ZY.com, 7C.com, GamesBox.com, Pikup.com, More
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: VU.com, Meet.me, Local.ly, Amati.com, More
- Dan Moseley on End User Sales: StartMail.com, to StartPage.com – “the world’s most private search engine”
- Brian Diener on Flippa Recap: Civic.com, Games.info, and a flip in the works with ETM.com
- Aaron on Domain Flips and Flops: TRAFFIC Auction Edition
- VinsDomains on Domain Flips and Flops: TRAFFIC Auction Edition
- dot me on Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: Skyboard.com, Cruise.me, Sunless.com, More
- Flippa Recap: Civic.com, Games.info, and a flip in the works with ETM.com
- Domain Flips and Flops: TRAFFIC Auction Edition
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: Skyboard.com, Cruise.me, Sunless.com, More
- Flippa Recap: GreatReviews.com, Gym.info, IU4.com, more
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: Lish.com, Message.me, Gamble.net, More
- Fred Wilson’s Affinity for LLL.com Domains
- Flippa Recap: EJZ.com, Vacation.info, Finance.info, Quote.info more
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: BJ.com, Looker.com, SurvivalKit.com, More
- Flippa Recap: FameBook.com, ZB.org, Asbestos.info More
- Domain Flips: KAIC.com, HomeFit.com, InPoker.com, Patent24.com
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: FO.com, Set.tv, Raw.co.uk, Dailybreak.com More
- Flippa recap: XIH.com, VJZ.com, OZAR.com, SEO.ws, Kryptonite.net, more
- Domain Flips and Flops: $100k on Fotograf.de, 10x on Purchased.com, 2x on Domains.in, more
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: Interest.me, Coterie.com, ParkingGames.com, More
- Flippa Recap: Similar.net, HRT.org, CWD.net, a $100k website sale, more