Listed below are updates to the top 10 domain sales from a year ago this week, as ranked by DN Journal.
1. Work.org for $55,000
- Acquired by ConsumerBrands.com, and a site is ‘in production’ according to their coprorate site. Consumer Brands “specializes in the acquisition, development, and monetization of internet domains“, and some of their other domains include Anxiety.org, Dementia.org, Dermatologist.org, Psychologist.org, and many more. This domain is the traffic leader for this week’s relatively low-traffic domains……it has an Alexa rank near 7 million.
- The .com is controlled by Salesforce.
2. CreditReport.com.au for $31,763
- Acquired by “CREDIT REPAIR AUSTRALIA PTY LTD“, and is developed exactly how you would expect. Alexa rank near 27 million, so it doesn’t have traction yet.
- The .com is owned by Experian, and they acquired the domain/website back in 2010.
3. DallasCondos.com for $20,000
- Parked. Owned by a self-proclaimed internet mogul, who has a discussion about domains on his site. (He has received plenty of negative reviews for his products/services.)
4. Metformina.it for $18,625
- Metformina is Spanish and Italian for Metformin, an antidiabetic drug. Domain doesn’t resolve, and is owned by pharmaceutical company Bruno Farmaceutici.
5. Medilert.com for $15,800
- Domain redirects to Coupons.com. Whois shows the owner as Steven Boal, the CEO of Coupons.com. I’m guessing (?) there is probably an obvious connection between the term ‘medilert’ and coupons, but I can’t think of what it is. Fill me in, please, if you know.
6. SouthernRecycling.com for $13,100
- Insanely simple website for a company that spent $13k on a domain…..they simply give contact names and information for each of their three locations.
7 . EyeBags.com for $11,500
- Upgrade from EyeBagCompany.com. “The EyeBag is the cheap simple re-usable warm compress — the remedy for Blepharitis and Dry Eye Syndromes that patients actually use.“
8 (tie). AR15Parts.com for $10,000
- Either the sale from Name Administration fell through, or the buyer hasn’t updated the contact information. My guess is the latter; the domain currently doesn’t resolve. If you’re not familiar with the AR15, you can read more about it here.
8 (tie). Families.net for $10,000
- The owner of the .com acquired the .net. “Families.com is a place for your family. Learn and connect with other mothers. Get inspired to scrapbook and research your family’s genealogy.“
8 (tie). GoodGifts.com for $10,000
- Owner under privacy protection, but redirects to GoodSearch.com. “we donate a penny to your non-profit or school every time you search“. They control other ‘good’ domains such as GoodShop.com, GoodDining.com, and more.
8. Hypnobirthing.de for $10,000
- Developed with an Alexa rank near 27 million — hypnobirthing is “a rewarding, relaxing, and stress-free method of birthing”.
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: Hipsters.com, Stratford.com, USConstitution.com, More
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: JOZ.com, WOD.com, Designers.com, Gobstopper.com, More
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: End.com, Online-Games.com, eDiscovery.com, Made.de, More
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: FO.com, Set.tv, Raw.co.uk, Dailybreak.com More
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: ICN.com, Ma.de, HYJ.com, NewYorkApartmentsForSale.com, More
- Aaron on Inside the Buyer’s Mind on the $250,000 Acquisition of StockPhoto.com
- gene on Inside the Buyer’s Mind on the $250,000 Acquisition of StockPhoto.com
- Aaron on Domain Flips and Flops: TRAFFIC Auction Edition
- conan on Domain Flips and Flops: TRAFFIC Auction Edition
- Aaron on Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: Investing.com, EndGame.com, K1.de, Fetch.co.uk, More
- Inside the Buyer’s Mind on the $250,000 Acquisition of StockPhoto.com
- Flippa Recap: QRP.com, Electronics.info, Fix.com Update
- Domain Flips and Flops (NWN.com, Amsterdam.org, eHandshake.com, Frinzo.com)
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: Investing.com, EndGame.com, K1.de, Fetch.co.uk, More
- Flippa Recap: iStock.info, PersianRugs.org, Bong.biz, Fix.com doesn’t hit reserve at $718,500
- Domain Flips (Ruve.com, Gericke.com, SafariHouse.com) and Flops (Baguette.com)
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: Offset.com, Snipes.com, LowRates.com, More
- Flippa Recap: Vulgar.com, StockPhoto.info, CloudBackup.net, Fix.com bidding hits $595,000
- Domain Flips (Suzan.com, $35k+ on PhoneTracker.com) and Flops (VXZ.com)
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: iTrust.com, Thriller.com, Lead.co, VU.ca, More
- Nearly $300,000 in Bids Have Met Reserve for Tomorrow’s Heritage Auctions Domain Auction
- Flippa Recap: eBet.info, Yenx.com, AttorneyListings.com, Install.info
- Domain Flips (65x on DentGuys.com, Casinos.info, NYHome.com) and Flops (2940.com, Dego.com)
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: Gamepedia.com, GiftBasket.com, Brilliant.org, More
- Flippa Recap: VirtualDoctors.com, H4V.com, LadyGaga.co, Replies.org for $60,000 (website)
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- June 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- March 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012
- February 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011