Listed below are updates to the top ten domain sales from a year ago this week, as ranked by DN Journal.
1. Neomobile.com for $58,500
- An upgrade from NeomobileGroup.com. “Neomobile is a global Mobile Commerce Group at the forefront of the new mobile ecosystem.” Mobile payments, and mobile entertainment.
2. Yolo.com for $29,000
- Acquired for $29k in January, then flipped less than a year later to Cupid Plc, which owns a network of dating websites. Shane does a deeper dive into past owners. Unfortunately, yolo.com is still a GoDaddy parked page…..a simple redirect would seem to be in order….Alexa rank around 900,000.
3. ClubClass.com for $16,000
- An upgrade from ClubClass.com.mt. The margins must be higher than I thought for a language school — the company teaches English classes in Malta.
4. Wiggle.ru for $15,600
- Owned by ‘Wiggle Limited’ of the UK, this acquisition hosts their Russian-language site. They’re in control of their Wiggle brand name in numerous extensions, including .co.uk, .com, .es, .cn, .fr, .de, .com.au, .jp, and more.
- “Wiggle.co.uk started out as Butlers Cycles, a small independent bike shop in Portsmouth that had been trading since 1920. After an initial success of selling bike bits and various other items online Wiggle.co.uk was officially launched in 1999. From there we have grown and expanded to our current 45,000 sq foot warehouse where at any time we can be stocking over 250,000 products.“
5. SexOnTheBeach.com for $15,000
- By the looks of the homepage, this site isn’t about the type of cocktail. Ownership under privacy protection, Alexa rank near 1 million.
6. TuHogar.com for $13,000
- An acquisition by Fortune 200 company Colgate Palmolive. Translated from Spanish into ‘your home’. “In TuHogar.com find a community of Latin American women who, like you, enjoy your home and most of all with whom they share it.” The site is ‘sponsored’ by a couple of Colgate Palmolive’s cleaning product brands.
7. AMSE.com for $12,888
- Owned by Hindawi Publishing Corporation of Egypt, this is likely the future home of their ‘Advances in Materials Science and Engineering‘ journal.
8. Smartphones.net for $11,440
- Owned by Alexander Hammer of Germany, it’s developed into a German-language site.
- The .com is owned by Samsung, but it’s a horrible waste of type-in traffic….the site simply says “Samsung Electronics Co.,Ltd own this domain name.“
9. OQPY.com for $10,500
- Owned by the Headhunter Group Limited of Russia, but no site resolves.
10 (tie). BlackVue.com for $10,000
- The Korean-language site promotes the BlackVue product, “a vehicle drive recorder designed to record all video images with various recording features while driving or parking.” It’s the traffic leader for this week’s sites, with an Alexa rank just under 200,000.
10 (tie). HotelNetwork.com for $10,000
- Owned by James Moran of Connecticut, it’s developed into a travel booking site. Alexa rank just over 6 million…..those are deep pocketed companies he’s competing with in this space.
10 (tie). PaydayLoans.info for $10,000
- Ownership under privacy protection. Alexa rank just under 6 million. Similar to the hotel site above, this space is hyper-competitive…..could be something to do with the $15+ CPC and 200k+ searches per month.
- The .com is developed and under privacy protection.
10 (tie). Zabel.com for $10,000
- The owner of the .de secured their .com. A real estate company based in Berlin.
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: ICN.com, Ma.de, HYJ.com, NewYorkApartmentsForSale.com, More
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: Gay.xxx, Inventing.com, CriminalLawyer.com, Watch.me, More
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: Picked.com, Inject.com, Safe.net, FreeCharge.com, More
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: Favorites.com, ZY.com, 7C.com, GamesBox.com, Pikup.com, More
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: Scan.me, G.biz, Rome.net, SelfEmployed.com, More
- Aaron on Flippa recap: XIH.com, VJZ.com, OZAR.com, SEO.ws, Kryptonite.net, more
- Alan on Flippa recap: XIH.com, VJZ.com, OZAR.com, SEO.ws, Kryptonite.net, more
- Rebecca on End User Sales: StartMail.com, to StartPage.com – “the world’s most private search engine”
- Stacey Smathers on ‘Groupon Getaways with Expedia’ Announced. Domain TBD, but GrouponGetaways.com Used by a 3rd Party
- Maksim on Domain Flips (FixAmerica.com, NTNM.com) and Flops (Vaccinate.com)
- Flippa recap: XIH.com, VJZ.com, OZAR.com, SEO.ws, Kryptonite.net, more
- Domain Flips and Flops: $100k on Fotograf.de, 10x on Purchased.com, 2x on Domains.in, more
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: Interest.me, Coterie.com, ParkingGames.com, More
- Flippa Recap: Similar.net, HRT.org, CWD.net, a $100k website sale, more
- Domain Flips (FixAmerica.com, NTNM.com) and Flops (Vaccinate.com)
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: AhHa.com, Resultados.com, Apps.net, Mara.com, More
- Recent High Dollar Price Quotes on DomainNameSales.com – 5/6/13
- Flippa Recap: HRT.org, URLShortener.com, Speculates.com, Z2.org, two $200k+ website sales
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: Leo.com, Duma.com, Drill.com, GameTruck.com, More
- Recent High Dollar Price Quotes on DomainNameSales.com – 4/29/13
- Flippa Recap: JE.de, Q.af, ReLike.com, a $60k website, more
- Domain Flips and Flops: 2.5x on Tempt.com in a few months, 21x on Opinator.com, more
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: Seri.com, Indi.com, Hot.net, GameGlobe.com, More
- Update On Top 10 Sales From A Year Ago This Week: Jackpot.com, Movies.xxx, Hike.in, Newburyport.com, More
- Flippa Recap: Templates.net, EastLondon.com, Ear.org sells for more the 2nd time around